Last Friday of Every Month at 7:45am at Vibe Tap & Grill Restaurant in Hazlet.
The Hazlet Business Owners Association was founded on the need and basis for local businesses to gather and discuss matters to assist in the growth of the local Hazlet Business Arena. Along with other local businesses, the HBOA can and will be a productive asset to any Hazlet Business Owner. The objective of the Association shall be to further the principles of fair business practices, to aide in the establishment of clear communications with Township Government, to foster good relations with the local Police, Fire and First Aid Departments, and to assist local businesses in being treated as a "Valued" asset of the community. The Hazlet Business Owners Association is open to all business owners of Hazlet and their representatives. Networking meetings are held on the last Friday of the month at Vibe Tap & Grill Restaurant in Hazlet. The meetings foster a relationship between businesses in the community and provide an outlet to discuss common concerns and to get to know other business owners.
• REVISION OF THE MANDATORY LOCK BOX ORDINANCE ABOLISHMENT OF THE MANDATORY LOCK BOX FEE
• REPEAL OF MANDATORY 5% ANNUAL INCREASE OF FIRE PREVENTION FEES(THIS ORDINANCE IS ON HOLD FOR 5 YEARS ENDING
• FAVORABLE DECISION ON LAWSUIT FILED ON BEHALF OF MEMBERS FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF ERRONEOUSLY COLLECTED INCREASE FOR FIRE PREVENTION FEES FOR THE YEAR 2007, INCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT TO ANY BUSINESS THAT PURCHASED A LOCK BOX AND ASSOCIATED FEES.
• CREATION OF A WEB SITE FREE TO ALL MEMBERS
• ELIMINATION OF PERMIT FEES TO REPAIR, REFURBISH OR CHANGE EXTERIOR SIGNAGE, WHERE SIZE HAS NOT CHANGED
• FAVORABLE CHANGES TO EXISTING ORDINANCE REGARDING GRAND OPENING BANNERS AND EXTERIOR DIRECTIONAL SIGNAGE TO ALLOW FOR USAGE
• INSTRUMENTAL IN THE ABOLISHMENT OF THE SEWER UTILITY COMMISSIONANNUAL COAT DRIVE 4 YEARS
• AWARDED SCHOLARSHIPS TO GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS SINCE 2010 THAT RESIDE IN HAZLET
• ELIMINATION OF $1000 FEE TO HOST TOWN WIDE SIDEWALK SALE
• HELD TWO SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISERS FOR CHARITABLE DONATIONS
• DONATED $1000.00 TO NJ STATE PBA SURVIVOR & WELFARE FUND AND $1800.00 TO THE BAYSHORE SENIOR HEALTH, EDUCATION & RECREATION CENTER
• INSTITUTED THE HAZLET BUSINESS OWNERS ASSOCIATION DISCOUNT CARD PROGRAM
• HOSTED TWO SUCCESSFUL PRE ELECTION “CANDIDATE FORUMS”
• AGREEMENT WITH ADMINISTRATION TO REDUCE PLUMBING INSPECTION FEES FOR STATE MANDATED INSPECTION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF BACK FLOW PREVENTORS FOR SPRINKLER SYSTEMS. AFFECTS EIGHTY (80) BUILDINGS IN TOWNSHIP